Sunday, March 1, 2015

February = embarassing lack of reading

I am utterly mortified by my lack of reading this month.  I will blame it on the fact that it was a short month.  I only read 2 books (at only 529 pages).  Ouch.

Gossip Girl: Psycho Killer by Cecily von Ziesgesar (309 pages).  I have shelves and shelves of unread books (including two stacks of hardbacks on the floor next to the bookshelves).  All in alphabetical order by author.  Yes, I'm a little OCD.  And this past month, nothing was jumping out at me.  So I decided to go backwards, alphabetically.  Thus, we start with a Z author.  Or should she actually have been a V?  Anyway, the original author of Gossip Girl reimagined her own book.  With the main characters as psycho killers.  Awesomeness!  Serena returns home from boarding school and decides that life can go back to normal between her and Blair if Nate is out of the picture.  And by out of the picture, she means dead.  Then she sees Nate and all bets are off!  The characters are all the same as the original book, not the TV show.  The book was campy fun.  I didn't start reading until the 13th.  And didn't finish it until the 25th.  But I probably only actually read for about 4 of those days.

Fairest by Marissa Meyer (220 pages).  The fourth in the Lunar Chronicles.  This was Queen Levana's story, and a sad story at that.  Her older sister caused an awful accident that left Levana scarred and unhappy.  But Levana was able to use her glamour abilities to be considered quite beautiful.  She managed to glamour the man she loved into marrying her.  She did everything she could to make him and his daughter Winter happy.  But he never loved her in return.  When her older sister died and left her one year old daughter as her only heir, Levana became quite comfortable as queen regent.  And decided that she could eventually have everything she wanted as the fairest queen who ever ruled Luna.  But at what price?  Winter's story is going to be the final story in the series.  I love this series- any reworked fairytale is a win for me!  This book only took me one day to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment