Saturday, July 2, 2016

June was a bust all over (only true theatre people will get this one)

I did an AWFUL job reading in June. Literally, just the one book. I am half way through a 1000 page book though. Does that count for anything?  So here we go.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (369 pages). I decided to give this a read now that the movie has come out. I knew it was going to be a tearjerker. But holy smokes!  Louisa Clark is 27 and has never been outside of her small town. When she gets a job as a companion for Will Traynor, she's not sure what she's signed on for. He's 35 and a quadrapoligic.  And he's given himself 6 months before he travels to Switzerland to take his own life via assisted suicide. Louisa decides to give him a reason to live. In doing so, she actually rediscovers her own will to live. The ending was what I expected, but not what I wanted. And all I could do was bawl!  It took me 9 days to read it (but only 4 actual reading days). 

No comments:

Post a Comment