Sunday, February 14, 2010

I hate that today is considered a "holiday"

I have never been a big fan of Valentine's Day. When you are single, it's the one day of the year that makes you feel even worse about being alone. And when you are dating someone, there's too much pressure. Plus, if you think you can prove to me in 1 day that you love me more than you've shown on the other 364 days of the year, you've got another think coming. I am the girl who usually "celebrates" V Day by giving people dirty looks and wearing all black. But this year, in honor of this non-holiday, I'm going to provide a list of things that I currently love.

My parents
My friends
My cat
The fact that there is still some snow on the ground
Cherry coke
My snuggie
Heart-shaped pizza from Papa John's
Vampire books
The movie Loverboy (yes, it was on TV today. And yes, Patrick Dempsey was/is super adorable)
My camera because it's pink and actually didn't delete my pictures from New Year's
Ginger snaps
My skinny jeans (which I find myself shocked to say)
Footie pajamas
My humidifier
Wellies (they have come in very handy this weekend)
The sweater I got for Christmas
Hot chocolate
Conversation hearts (even though I haven't had any this year)

This year, I'm glad V day falls on a Sunday. Sunday tradition means I'll have dinner with the rents (who will always love me, no matter what). Perhaps this Sunday, we'll have some heart-shaped pizza and Valentine's candy instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment