Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I wouldn't be a waiter if you paid me. More than a 20% tip!

Sunday being Daddy's Day, I took my parents out to eat. I figure if I don't pay, Pops actually paid for his own Daddy's Day dinner (what with the joint bank account the parentals have and all). Pops really wanted steak, but all of the steakhouses had nearly an hour long wait. So we ended up at Chili's.

Little Mommy and Pops aren't really Chili's connoisseurs. In fact, Sunday might have been the second time they'd ever been. I, on the other hand, am a big fan. Especially of the molten chocolate cake. Yummers!

We sat down and our waiter trotted over. His name was Mark. The parentals decided he reminded them of Michael J. Fox. Long story short- he was one of the best waiters I've ever had (far exceeding "Beverly" at Hampton Street Vineyard). He was upbeat, he was friendly, he was funny. He got a great tip.

But I know I do NOT have the personality to be a waiter. I would end up cussing someone out. On a daily basis. Good waiters are rare. So if you are in the mood for Chili's, head to the one on Two Notch and ask to sit in Mark's section. You won't be sorry. Especially if you order the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment