Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hair dryer woes....

A few weeks ago, I was happily getting ready for work one day. Well, happily might be an overstatement, but I was getting ready. I started drying my hair and all of a sudden, only cold air was blowing out of my hairdryer. "Crap, I must have hit the cold air button," I thought. Nope- my hair dryer was broken. And FYI- hair does not dry with cold air. After a few futile minutes, I learned that lesson. Luckily, I have a travel hair dryer, so I didn't have to go to work a wet head.

Later that week, I decided to bite the bullet and get a new hair dryer. So away to Target I went. Holy crap! There are a lot of hair dryers. I quickly decided against the $100+ Chi one. A leeeeetle too expensive for me. I tend to gravitate towards the $20 ones. There were some really cool hair dryers though. Pink ones, ones with patterns, all sorts of fun stuff. I ended up choosing a deep pink one from Remington. I am a Conair girl, but decided to branch out. To quote Julia Roberts, big mistake, HUGE.

The pink monster is heavy as lead. My arm is actually tired after the few minutes it takes to dry my hair. Yes, I said few minutes. 3, tops. The pink monster is also the most powerful hair dryer I have ever encountered. One would think that would be a good thing- hair would dry faster. Drying my hair any faster has never really been an issue for me. I just don't like the fact that my nicely combed wet hair is completely tangled by the time I finish drying it, thanks to the high powered monster.

Needless to say, I'm kind of stuck with the pink monster now. But next time, I'm going to hold each and every hair dryer that's on display before I pick one. Lighter is better. And I'm going back to Conair. They have yet to fail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment