Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Last week, we officially entered in my favorite season- fall. It's my favorite season for a myriad of reasons. I love the weather (well, not the current crap we are having, I mean the REAL fall weather). I love Halloween. I love Thanksgiving. I love my birthday (hint, hint- it's October 10. And I am a sucker for prezzies!!). But one of the things I love the most? The fall TV schedule!

This year, my TV schedule is pretty packed. It's filled with old favorites and some new ones as well. I've also already gotten rid of some new TV shows that kind of sucked. So here's what I'm watching (and a little personal opinion on how they are panning out).

First up is scripted shows- drama division.
1- Desperate Housewives. It's the final season, so I'm expecting big things from season. We've already got a murder and memories of what led Mary Alice to commit suicide. So it should be good stuff!
2- Pan Am. There's only been one show so far. But it seems pretty good. I read an article about the real Pan Am stewardesses. And they said that other than the exact shade of blue of the uniforms and the fact that their hair couldn't touch their shoulders, everything is pretty spot on. It kind of makes me wish I had lived back then and could have been a stewardess. Lord knows I wouldn't want to be one nowadays- people are rude and travel seems to have become a right rather than a privilege.
3- Gossip Girl. The first new episode was last night. I have read all of the Gossip Girl novels. They are a lot of fun. And the show is nothing like them anymore. Honestly, the show veered away from the books long ago. At first, it bothered me. Now I love the show so much that I don't care! And any show with Ed Westwick is a show I'm going to watch!!
4- Hart of Dixie. This is a new show starring the adorable Rachel Bilson. She's a cardiothorasic surgeon who moves to Alabama to get experience as a GP. It's cute. I'm going to give it another week before I decide if it's officially on my list of what to watch.
5- The Playboy Club. I decided to watch this because of the scandalous Eddie Cibrian. Turns out it's a pretty good show. Week one, we had a murder and a Bunny who is in a sham marriage in order for both she and her husband to hide their sexual preferences (which obviously aren't each other!).
6- Revenge. Omg! Best new show of the year for me!! It's already got intrigue enough to keep me interested for the whole season and we are only one episode in!
7- Grey's Anatomy. I'm so excited about this show returning this week and can't wait to see what's in store for Derek and Meredith this season.
8- American Horror Story. It hasn't started yet. So I know nothing about it. But it looks really good and I'm excited about it starting.

Next up- scripted shows- sitcom division
1- How I Met Your Mother. This is one of my favorite sitcoms of all time. My only complaint? Who is the mother?! Let us know already!
2- 2 Broke Girls. This is a new one. I liked it. But I didn't love it. So it could go. Or stay.
3- Glee. Enough said. It makes me GLEE-ful. I know, bad. But the show is so amazing!!
4- New Girl. It's my favorite new sitcom. It's cute. It's quirky. It's a winner.
5- Up All Night. It's on the chopping block. It's fun, but not great.
6- Suburgatory. First episode is tomorrow. Yay!!
7- Modern Family. Second favorite returning sitcom. Hysterically funny. Cameron and Tyler are my favorite characters. I am not a big fan of new Lily though....
8- Happy Endings. Okay, maybe this is my second favorite returning sitcom. I am so excited that it got picked up again. So funny!

Third up- reality shows
1- Sister Wives. I love me some polygamists. Yep- I said it. These polygamists are great fun. They have now moved to Vegas and are hoping to continue raising the 17 (or however many) kids in the Mormon religion. Heaven help them!!
2- Real Housewives of New Jersey. I think these Housewives are my favorites. No one can top Caroline Manzo as far as I am concerned. Teresa (and her disgusting husband) have officially gotten on my nerves though.
3- Kendra. Loved her on Girls Next Door. Love her as a wife and mom.
4- Dancing with the Stars. I LOVE this show. Every time I watch it, all I want to do is learn to ballroom dance. With Maks. Yum.
5- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. These women are nut balls. But wow! Last year, I hated Camille Grammer. Don't mind her so much this year. It might be because I feel a little bit sorry for her after what her husband did to her. Or maybe because she's toned it down a bit. But either way, I'm glad she's on the show.
6- Gene Simmons Family Jewels. It starts back next week. With Shannon Tweed's answer to Gene's proposal. As the wedding is planned for next month, I'm going to assume the answer was yes.
7- Teen Mom. The show is over, except for the reunions. I have watched these girls (not the Teen Mom 2 girls though) since they were 16 and Pregnant. Still love Catelynn and Tyler. The only two who seem moderately mature, probably because of their decision to give their child up for adoption. Maci has gotten on my nerves. She is pressuring her boyfriend to marry her so she can have more children because, at 19, she's getting old. She's crazy. If Farrah were my child, I would smack the crap out of her. She is so disrespectful. And finally, Amber. She hits her boyfriend. Honestly, the only one of the babies that I don't feel sorry for is the one who was put up for adoption!
8- The Rachel Zoe Project. I miss Brad. But the show is literally bananas!
9- America's Next Top Model. This season is All Stars. But some of these girls aren't really All Stars- I think they are just the girls who didn't have anything else going on right now. It's kind of on the chopping block as well.
10- Project Runway. The designers are very weird this year. But very interesting all at the same time. I can't wait to see who's going to win it.
11- Jersey Shore. Snooki makes me embarrassed to be an American. She is beyond embarrassing this year. She has a boyfriend who she claims to love, but she still acts like single Snooki. Of course, one of the roommates makes a point. Her boyfriend knew who he was dating when he started dating her. It was just wishful thinking that she might calm down.

Last up- shows I've already taken out of rotation
1- Ringer. This is the new Sarah Michelle Gellar. I've gotta say- I expected better. I just had no interest in this show after getting mid-way through the second episode. Sad, but true.
2- The Secret Circle. A show about teen aged witches. Blah blah blah. It only got one episode as well before I axed it as well. Sorry CW. You are striking out.

Anyway, that's my rundown of shows this fall. I mean, let's face facts. After reading, TV watching is clearly my other favorite activity!!

---------October 8, 2011------------

Up All Night and 2 Broke Girls have been removed from my TiVo list. And American Horror Story was so crazy, I'm not sure if it will last more than one or two more viewings!

No comments:

Post a Comment