Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oh how I suffer. And not in silence either!

I realized that I haven't really been blogging a lot lately. And as I'm clearly more famous than I initially thought, I'm sure that has left legions of fans completely distraught. I apologize.

I wish I could say I'd been doing great things. I haven't. In fact, I have been having migraines for over one full week. Starting the day of my last blog.

I woke up May 17 with quite a migraine starting. It was a court day, so I just chalked it up to stress and hearings. Also, the fact that it had been a long weekend. Then I woke up with a migraine the next morning. And the next morning. And the next and next. Then Saturday night, the pain relocated from simply my temples and behind my eye to my neck. And for nearly 3 days, I was unable to turn my head.

My aunt has been a migraine sufferer for years. And a wealth of knowledge for me now that I am a migraine sufferer myself. Turns out that I was experiencing something called cluster headaches. They hit migraine sufferers and usually are a result of stress. It's like my body had been stressing out up until the point the headache hit. And instead of just one little headache, I had 5 or 6 a day. With shooting pains behind my eyes. And the neck. It was miserable.

So I finally went to the doctor for drugs. Ah, drugs.

I immediately went on steroids and muscle relaxers. Talk about loopiness. Steroids to hype me up and relaxers to make me drowsy. Awesome. I also slapped a heating pad on my neck and got a massage.

And to be honest, that's been my nearly 2 weeks since my last blog. Sad, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment