Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My baby girl

For those of you who have absolutely no idea anything about me, I have a BEAUTIFUL baby girl, Lali.




See- isn't she gorgeous?


So many of my friends have the blessing and privilege of being able to tell funny stories about their kiddies. So I decided maybe it's time to tell stories about my kitty.


I got Lali about 5 years ago. She was from a large litter and weighed only 1/2 a pound. Just a little powder puff of cuteness. Thanks to love and food, she's now quite the beauty.


I'm not really sure when it happened, but she hates people. Whenever I have guests, she hides upstairs. If forced to interact, she hisses and growls and attempts to bite. I do know that a few years ago, my mom took her over to their house so my cleaning lady wouldn't freak out (she doesn't like cats). I got a call from my mom after work and went to pick up the cat. She was hiding in my bedroom, hissing and snorting. But as soon as I got her in my car, bundled up in a towel, she was fine. And she's been a little bit crazy ever since. She doesn't snuggle. She doesn't love on me. She's the definition of an independent cat.


I took her to the vet last week. She cried the whole trip there. Watching her at the vet hurts my heart. She braces herself on the table and just cries. I'm never going to make it with children! But then, when I take her home, I let her out of her ADORABLE polka-dot carrier and she can wander around the car. Her spot of choice? Curled up in my lap, head buried under my arm.


My favorite thing about my girl is that she likes to listen to me sing. I will sit in my den, singing. And the cat will come running down the stairs and sit in front of me, just listening. It is the cutest thing ever (and certainly feeds my ego).


Anyway, that's enough about my beautiful girl. I love her so much. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment