Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all



When I look at pictures of my parents, there is no doubt where I came from. I am the spitting image of the both of them!


But that's where the similarity used to end. Yes, I'm a lawyer, just like my dad. And even briefly followed in his footsteps by being a prosecutor. But he told me I shouldn't be a lawyer. Yes, I'm pretty music. Which comes from both parents. Mom can sing and play the piano. Dad is pretty good on percussion and used to play the accordion. No- I do not lie. The accordion. But then we have the differences. Both of them enjoy sports (tennis, golf, other sports when they were younger). I detest playing sports. I was a dancer and cheerleader growing up. I think you would have had to threaten my parents with death for either of them to dance or cheer.


The older I get, the more I become my mother.
I worry about pleasing everyone.
If I wake up at night, I obsess about things until I can't sleep anymore.
I won't actually confront people who piss me off, but I will talk about it with a friend.
Don't get me wrong- there are still some major differences. But with every passing year, I become more like this amazing woman. And I hope that makes her proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment