Friday, April 2, 2010

The first step is admitting you have a problem

I'm going to go ahead and admit it.

My name is NotSoPlainJane and I'm addicted to (so bad that it's good) reality TV. Originally, it was Real World and Road Rules. Now I can't be bothered with the new episodes of Real World. But I still find myself drug into the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. Only because they truly seem to bring back the crazies I loved so long ago.

My love affair with reality TV hit a new high this fall. That's right- MTV introduced us to Ronnie, Sammi Sweetheart, the Situation, Pauly D, J Woww, Snooki and Vinny. AKA The Jersey Shore cast. Life will never be the same. I watched every new episode. I watched marathons on the weekends (you know, in case I missed something funny the first time around). My BFF and her hubby threw a Jersey Shore joint birthday party- my costume was Jersey-tastic!



My new guilty pleasure has become the girls of Pretty Wild on E!


These "sisters" (the 2 youngest are full sisters, I think the oldest is a half-sister. Or maybe adopted. I'm not sure) are famous for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Okay, so the middle one got arrested in connection to all the robberies from celebrities' homes that were going on in LA. But they are hysterically funny. One of them becomes upset that Ryan Cabrerra (yep, that retard with the dumb hair who dated Ashlee Simpson back in the day) doesn't want to date her. They have no brains, very little ambition, but wow! are they amusing! The only thing I don't get is why the entire family constantly says "And so it is." What does that even mean?
Anyway, I just thought I'd share my love affair with reality TV. I ain't ashamed. No seriously- I'm not at all ashamed. They have rehab for this, right?

1 comment:

  1. If they have rehab for reality TV I am right there with you. I both those shows and MANY more! It is sad. A train wreck that you have to just watch!

    ReplyDelete