Monday, May 17, 2010

Yep, I'm famous

A few months ago, I met some girls who had read my blog before they had ever even met me.

A few weekends ago, I met a fellow attorney who had just read my blog earlier that week before he had ever even met me.

I feel like a rockstar, yo!

I guess I just don't think about how easy it is to find people/things on Al Gore's fabulous invention. He is a rockstar too you know.

Nothing is truly private anymore. If you put it out there, people can find it.

Case in point- there is a blog out there called FITSNews. Last year, they had a "contest" called Carolina's Hottest Lawyer. It was for female attorneys only. This year, it became personal. Some nice person decided to nominate yours truly. Aw- sweet. NotSoPlainJane is a sucker for flattery, y'all!

They want photos, so someone posted a picture of me from a Jersey Shore costume party. Which didn't bother me in the slightest. I think the picture is a lot of fun. It was a costume party for Pete's sake.

Then people decided to get all mean and judgemental on me. Saying that I shouldn't post a picture like that on Facebook. Really, Judgy McJudgerstein? I shouldn't? Why? Because I can't be a fun person and post pictures of my life? According to that person, it's a horrible picture and something I should be ashamed of. The people who should be ashamed are the cowards who are calling me ugly and a 1o-footer (whatever that means). Without having the balls to use their names.

But it did remind me that nothing is truly private if it's on the interweb. Good thing my fun-loving self doesn't get embarrassed by costume party pictures and the like. Wouldn't that be horrible?!

No comments:

Post a Comment