Thursday, October 1, 2009

Don't judge- it's a Southern thing

I know it is a very Southern thing to use family names repeatedly when naming children, but there is a slight possibility my family has taken it to a whole new level. Observe the following family tree. Middle names which are of no importance will be left out, so as not to confuse the masses.

Julian Spencer Dixon Jr. (aka Bubba) married Mary Ellen Richardson (aka Dove)
Their three children:
1- Mary Dixon married Eric Ruschky
Child: Jane Spencer Ruschky
2- Julian Spencer Dixon III married Charlotte Smith
Children: Mary Corinne Dixon married Seth Woolwine
Cori's children: Charlotte Barker and baby girl due in December
Julian Spencer Dixon IV married Joy Wray
Spence's child: Julian Spencer Dixon V
3- Jane Dixon married Spencer Player (yep, she married a Spencer)
Child: Mary Ellen Richardson Player

So basically, on any given holiday, you can stand in my grandmother's house and call out any combination of the following to get everyone to respond- Mary, Ellen, Jane or Spencer. There are lots of nicknames and lots of Big/Littles going on. And to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. Let's face it, I'm planning on naming my future daughter Spencer. I'm all for continuing the insanity. One generation at a time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment