Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This place is 'Buck (if only I was as cool as Lil C)


So this morning, I didn't have to be at work until 10 am. Which was nice. Except for the fact that my cleaning lady was arriving at 8:40 am. Please don't judge me for paying someone to clean my house. I hate doing it myself. And I LOVE my cleaning lady. She's been cleaning the parental's house for years and she's just great. But back to my "story."
So the cleaning lady arrived at 8:40 am. I walked out of the door shortly thereafter. But where to go and what to do? Answer- Starbucks in the Vista. Free WiFi (allegedly, if you have a Starbucks card that you've paid for) and a free drink (it's my birth month y'all!). So off I go to the 'Bucks.
I park and immediately run into a friend of mine. We chat while in line. Then she heads out while I set up camp by the door (the only true place to people watch). Across from me is mayoral candidate Steve Benjamin (vote for him y'all- he's a great guy!). As I'm sitting here, in walk a few other attorneys I know. It's like party central up in here!
Long story short, I think I might have a new morning tradition. Assuming I can get my butt up early enough on the mornings I have to be at work at 9 am. Oh- who am I kidding?! I'll be sleeping. But dreaming of people watching at the 'Bucks!

1 comment: