Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas shopping

First- let me put it out there that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's got cool(ish) weather, great food and family time. Without presents. What? NotSoPlainJane hates presents? I can't believe it. Oh beloved readers, you couldn't be more wrong. I ADORE prezzies. The more the merrier. However, I hate Christmas presents. I am much more of a "I found this, thought of you and want to give it to you now" present-giver. Which means I never have presents to give to people on their birthdays or Christmas. Because I gave the perfect gift yesterday. The thing I truly loathe and detest the most each year is Christmas shopping. The malls, the sales, the traffic. All of it. It's just too much. And all of this is to celebrate the birth of Our Lord. It boggles the brain.

That being said, I am usually pretty johnny-on-the-spot with my Christmas shopping. Last year, I was purchased and wrapped about a month before Christmas. I was a rock star. This year has been an entirely different story. I still have 4 more gifts to purchase. Fortunately, I know what to buy for all but one. It's just a matter of getting it done. Dang it. Where is my personal assistant to get all of this done for me?

So I've made an executive decision. Next year, I am going to give everyone BK bucks. You've seen those commercials, right? Or I'm going to buy everyone a star. Simple. Easy. Ridiculously cheesy. Hey- I'm known to be lazy when the holidays roll around. I decorated. I put Christmas tunes on the iPod. What more do you want from me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment