Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nobody's got no class....

I've noticed that the Boy and I have been going to see a lot of movies lately. Not that I don't love a good movie. I miss getting to go to them for free though.

Anyway, back to the point. On New Year's Day evening, the Boy and I double-dated with another couple. We went to see Up In The Air. Which was a great movie. The problem was the people sitting behind us. They spent the entire second half of the movie talking and laughing. To the point that I wanted to turn around and say something to them. I too paid money to come see this movie. I do not appreciate you ruining my viewing experience. Of course, when we realized that the girl had basically mounted the guy during the movie, that took it to a WHOLE other level!

Last night, we went to see Daybreakers. Which was an okay movie. The three girls sitting next to me (I mean one seat away next to me) laughed and texted during the ENTIRE movie. First off, when you pull out your phone, the light of it catches my eye and distracts me from the movie. Second, Daybreakers was NOT a funny movie. If you are having a funny conversation during a $9.00 movie, please go elsewhere. I would like to focus on the movie. Laugh at the occasional funny parts and get freaked out by the scary parts.

Basically, I'm just wondering whatever happened to manners. I know I blogged about airplane etiquette before. But now I feel like everyone, everywhere, has forgotten that other people are around. I try my best to be conscious of other people. I expect the same courtesy from others. Apparently, that's expecting too much.

2 comments:

  1. Jane -

    I love these posts from you :). We just need to you get a few more cats, a dirty robe, and a porch to complete the image in my head :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same, but unfortunately being 17 the majority of my age group have no class at all. I too have experienced such annoyances in the cinema and it does make you want to slap them, or "accidentally" spill your drink all over them. I expect people to behave in the way I do, with respect for everyone and everything. Like you say though, we expect too much from people and it is a very sad situation.

    ReplyDelete