Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do......


Dear Alcohol-


I think the time has come for us to end our tumultuous relationship. We've been together a long time. We've had some good times. We've had some bad times. We've had some times I don't remember (although thank goodness, not too many of those). You've helped me through tough times in my life. And you've made some good times even better (or worse, it depends...)


Anyway, I've been noticing that lately, you've really been giving me a headache. At first, I thought it was just that I'm not 21 anymore and can't recover as well. Then I decided to test you out. I had half a beer last night. And woke up with a headache this morning. Damn you, Alcohol. You've done me wrong again.


So for now, we're going to have to take a little break from each other. Maybe, at some point in the future, we can try again to make our relationship work. I'm not saying that I never see us spending time together ever again. But for now, all good things must come to an end. And this time, it's not me. It's you.


Love, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment