Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Coincidence? Or foreshadowing?

So last night Pops and I went to dinner Island Cafe and Deli. It's no Frank's, but our family likes it. The food is good and the nearby ducks like to join you for dinner. So anyway, Pops and I are sitting there, just eating away, and 2 people walk up. The man is slightly older (I'd say in his late 60's) and the woman is quite a bit younger. Pops says Second wife or daughter? I quickly respond Has to be second wife. Even though she was definitely younger, she was too well dressed. You could tell she still cared what he thought about how she looked. Then it hit me. Dear lord- people are thinking the same thing about me and Pops! Ew- gross. And sadly, story of my life.

I moved out of my apartment right before starting law school. I left my two roommates there and they found a girl to take my room. So moving day meant that I was moving out as she was moving in. A little confusing perhaps, but whatever works. At one point, she and I ended up on the elevator together. I had just met her that day, so we didn't really have a lot to talk about. Her first comment to me was It's so sweet that your boyfriend is helping you move today. I really appreciate mine for helping me. Did I mention that I didn't have a boyfriend at the time? I didn't. Oops- my bad. Who was helping me move you might ask. That'd be Pops. Yep- this little 21 year old girl thought that my little 21 year old self was dating a 51 year old man. That either says something about me or about me. Gross gross and gross. And perhaps the underlying reason why I subconsciously go for younger men.....

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I used to get the same thing. My dad and I always took a father/daughter vacation and I'm sure some people were confused!

    ReplyDelete