Sunday, September 6, 2009

The hills are alive....

Last night and today, I've been happily ensconced on my sofa, watching "The Sound of Music." Arguably one of the best movies ever! I sing along, I laugh, I cry.
Sadly, my nerdiness takes over every time I watch a movie and I end up IMDB'ing the heck out of it. Did you know that Christopher Plummer hated filming this movie and called it "The Sound of Mucus"? Or that Liesel (who was 22 at the time) sprained her ankle during "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" and had to perform the whole scene with her ankle wrapped up? Or that the kids grew so much during the filming that they had to put them in lifts so that their height didn't change? Or that the real Maria von Trapp has a cameo in the film? Or that the von Trapp kids were mad at how their father was portrayed in the film because apparently he wasn't so stern and officer-like in real life? I know- I'm a dork. And I love knowing all of this trivia!
And nothing beats Julie Andrews. I hate that she had to have surgery on her throat, resulting in the loss of her beautiful voice. She's still one of my favorites.
But what gets me every time is that Maria, who thought she was going to be a nun, ends up married to a widower with 7 children. There is no way I could have done that! I mean, I love kids. But really- after wanting to be a nun?! Although I've never been a nanny, so maybe you fall in love with the dad when you fall in love with the kids....

No comments:

Post a Comment