Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm feeling very ShopTarty!!

Today was a very ShopTart-esque day for me. The only thing missing are going to be the accompanying photos!

I started by having lunch with my friend Nancy. The one whose wedding I was in just a few short weeks ago. Nancy and her husband live in Myrtle Beach. I know, there are actually people who LIVE in Myrtle Beach. And they are cool people! We hit up a place neither of us had ever tried before, Bistro 217. It came recommended and I'd seen the menu, so I figured why not try it out. Why not indeed! It was delish! One of the specials was a beef bourguignon, something Julia Childs is known for. I found that quite odd as I had JUST finished reading Julie and Julia (where it is mentioned numerous times) and read an article about the fact that Julia Childs' cookbook is currently at the top of the best seller list (where it is mentioned again). Anyway, Nancy and I both had the chicken sandwich special. Grilled chicken topped with portobello mushrooms and melted Brie. In case you didn't know, I am a sucker for Brie (or a whore for Brie as I told Nancy at lunch). It came with a very nice salad and sweet potato fries. Heaven, I'm in heaven. For dessert, we split the white chocolate bread pudding. On second thought, maybe I should have just gotten that for lunch! It was all very tasty and very "ladies who lunch." I will definitely be a repeat customer. Anyway, next thing we know, we've been there for nearly two hours and someone needs to get back to work. That someone was not me!

Nancy headed back to work and I hopped back in the Solora, top down, to make the 2 minute drive back to Litchfield. Solora, I've missed you. I stop at Peddlers' Porch (or whatever the name of that shoe store is) to grab some shoes for my little grandmother, Dove. She's got the world's narrowest foot and very few places sell shoes that fit her. Not only did Peddlers have some, but they were in the middle of a 75% off sale. So of course, I had to nose around for myself. At first glance, I see nothing of interest. A LOT of VanEli old lady shoes, but nothing that screams Jane- buy me! Wear me! Love me!! Then imagine my delight when I spot the Pucci wedges, the Marc Jacobs gold lame wedges, the Lily Pulitzer gold evening sandals. Sadly, none of them fit me. So while my wallet thanked me (after the brutal thrashing it got outleting (still a word people)), my heart was sad. No new shoes. But a darn good lunch! So anyone in the area, ignore Peddlers Porch but head straight to Bistro 217. As Julia would say, Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment