Saturday, March 6, 2010

Am I just too Southern?


This is a Folgers commercial that truly bothers me to no end.

First of all, the father and daughter seem to actually enjoy Folgers coffee. If nothing else, it speaks well to their acting abilities. Because Folgers coffee is crap. It's instant, after all.

Second, I'm going to go under the assumption that the daughter is actually an adult. So why does she have an implied curfew?

But what really gets to me is the daughter's reaction to her father when he says that he talked to Todd last week. Why does she seem so surprised? If I were the girl in the commercial, I'd be more shocked if my boyfriend/new fiance had NOT asked my father for my hand in marriage. Isn't that how it's supposed to go?! Or am I just too Southern for my own good?

No comments:

Post a Comment