Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's not confusing, it's deep

I have been a huge fan of LOST since the second season. Wait, what? The second season? What about the first season, NotSoPlainJane? Well, I kind of didn't watch the first season until it came out on DVD. Why not? Because I had too many other shows going on. However, once I was turned on to the wonder that is LOST, I was hooked.



The best thing the creators of LOST decided to do was repeat the "enhanced" episodes prior to a new episode. Lots of times, these enhanced episodes help remind me of stuff I'd forgotten from the previous 5 seasons. I wish the enhancement would point out things that are important, but I guess that would be asking for too much. Anyway, the point of this is that I now watch each episode twice. And notice things the second time around that I didn't always notice the first time.



Last week's regular episode/this week's enhanced episode was an interesting one. And a conversation between Jack and Hurley really stuck out to me. They exited the jungle and came upon the Lighthouse. Jack said, "How is it we've never seen it before?" To which Hurley replied, "Guess we weren't looking for it."



How true is that about most things in life?! Things are always right under your nose. But until you look for them, you don't even know they are there. A deep thought from Hurley (who's quite the deep thinker, I think). Despite all appearances....

No comments:

Post a Comment