Monday, August 17, 2009

Bruise is defined as the extravasation of blood in the tissues as a result of blunt force impact to the body.

I have always bruised easily. Like a ripe peach one might say (if one is a little weird and creepy). Unfortunately, while I bruise easily, I don't bruise immediately. Which means that I'll run into something, comment that's going to leave a mark, and then wonder where the heck that bruise came from when it appears 2 days later. And for someone who's pretty coordinated, I run into stuff A LOT!




I had a friend in college who also ran into stuff a lot. Usually, we might not be complete sober while doing the running into, but either way, it happened. She and her high school friends called this phenomenon of running into stuff and only days later having a bruise UPBs. Unidentified Party Bruises. To this day, I still use that terminology, even if I didn't get the bruise at a party (or while intoxicated)!




Anyway, most of my bruises go away within a few days/a week. I've had this one behind my knee that just has me baffled. I think I got it in Vegas. Which was over a month ago. Right after the Vegas trip, the thing was actually black. Now, it's just a slight off-color. But it really has me confused. I swear, I wish someone lived in my house, because I could SOO say I was being abused. My legs currently look like they've gone 9 rounds with Tyson. Okay, maybe not Tyson. After all, they are bruises, not bite-marks!

No comments:

Post a Comment