Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jane's Secret.....

As a bankruptcy attorney, I spend all day, ever day, talking about debts and creditors. What's really funny is that I don't personally have a lot of debts OR creditors. Maybe it's because the parentals raised me that if you can't pay for it immediately, you can't really pay for it. Or because I was simply blessed not to have to incur mountains of student loans. Either way, I am debt-free. Except where Victoria's Secret is concerned. That's Jane's Secret. I'm a VS-aholic!! I have a platinum card from them. Yep- you heard right. PLATINUM! That means I have the biggest line of credit they will extend and I rack it up all the time!

I know what most of you are probably thinking. How much lingerie does one single gal need? The answer- not as much as you think I'm buying! The majority of my bathing suits come from VS. Half of my work clothes come from VS. When in doubt about something I'm wearing, it's either Target or VS. I'm not kidding. However, I have been known to indulge in the occasional lingerie purchase. A few years ago, I read a story about a woman whose good friend had died. This woman went over to the friend's house to help the husband go through her belongings and found quite a few beautiful things. China, lingerie, dresses. All of it being saved for "something special." So I started thinking, why should I wait for some special reason? What if that special reason never happens? So I occasionally buy myself summin purdy to wear and feel quite special curled up in my bed with my cat. She thinks I'm beautiful, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment