Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pet peeve #1

I've got a lot of pet peeves. A lot of them. And I'm just going to go ahead and put my biggest one out there. I hate other drivers. There we go- I've said it. Why do I hate other drivers? Because they aren't me! I'm more than happy to acknowledge that I am not the world's best driver. But dang it- everyone else is SO much worse. Case in point. Today, I swing by the parentals' house to check on their animals. The cat's doing well and is happy to see me. The fish couldn't care less. They aren't even interested in the food. Stupid fish. I leave and head off to work. One end of the parentals' street is a swampy area. I am behind a small SUV which, without any warning whatsoever, slows to a crawl and pulls off the side of the road. Would it kill you to give me a little heads up? It would. Oh, okay. My bad. The very next street, some other driver does the exact same thing. Turns into a driveway with no turn signal. Did you know that cars now come standard with turn signals? You didn't? Okay- I'm letting you know. Feel free to use it regularly in the future. Then, driving down Millwood, there's almost a wreck in front of me because someone just up and decides to pull out into traffic. I nearly get decked by an ambulance because the cars in front of me won't move. I swear, our highways would be a safer place if I were the only one driving. Of course, I'm not sure how the rest of you would get around. But that's not really my problem, is it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment