Saturday, August 22, 2009

Music makes the people come together



Pretty much all I listen to in my car is my iPod. Yes, my car is fancy enough to have XM/Sirius Radio. And no, it's currently not being sprung for in my car payment (despite the fact that I'd really appreciate the navigation....) But I don't make those decisions and that's a whole other issue!

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE to sing while I drive. Pretty much anything will keep me happy, and my iPod reflects that. I've got everything- from rap, to country, to showtunes. I've been known to dance while I sing and drive as well. Don't worry- at least one hand (or knee) is always on the wheel!!

I keep my iPod on one of two things. Either I'm playing my list of current favorites songs (which is about 100 or so) or I have it on shuffle. Shuffle is my favorite thing to do because, let's face it, with well over 6000 songs, I've forgotten half of what I have on there. So it's frequently quite a surprise to hear random songs on the iPod. I mean, REALLY random stuff. Especially thanks to Starbucks free iTunes downloads. Those songs are wicked strange. Yes- I just said wicked. Like I'm from Boston. Don't worry- it's happened before. I blame my Yankee daddy (even though he doesn't say crap like that). Or my love for New Kids and their Bostonian accents.

But one thing I've noticed that I never noticed before. My iPod has a hella lot of songs about love, heartbreak and the like. Seriously. Do people write songs about anything else? I mean, OTHER than country musicians (who write about little else)? Just wondering. Thank goodness for rap artists. They aren't really down with love songs. Booty songs, yes. And those are always a good time (at least for a listen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment