Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dream a little dream of me

I have always had some of the world's strangest dreams. So strange, in fact, that my college roomie gave me a Dreamer's Dictionary and notebook to write them down and figure them out. I think I freaked her out when I told her that I'd had a dream that a friend of hers named Harvey came to visit us and ended up falling asleep on the foot of my bed. Why did that freak her out? Because her family used to have a dog named Harvey who slept on the foot of the bed. And she'd never told me about this dog!

Another time, I dreamt that I was a cartoon bunny rabbit in a musical. Yep- you read that correctly. And I'm not talking some Bugs Bunny type cartoon. I mean Dreamworks quality. We sang, we danced. We stole carrots from the evil King of the Hares. Don't ask. I have no idea where this comes from.

Then there was the dream about Richard Simmons. I was helping him lead a Sweatin' to the Oldies class. Complete with thong leotard, bike shorts, and those stupid thick socks with my Reebok hightops.

Or the time I dreamt there was a tiger loose in my grandmother's house in Lake City. Somehow, we got it trapped in one of the upstairs rooms and had to climb through ceiling tiles to get out of the room. My grandmother's house is like 100 years- there ARE no ceiling tiles in her house!

This morning, I awakened from another doozie. I was in the woods, with an ex. And we were being chased by a man with a gun who was trying to kill us. I don't know what we'd done, but clearly, it was something bad. Anyway, we are running and he's chasing and the next thing I know, I'm now alone in the woods. I keep running and eventually end up in a small town. I find some police officers who I hope will help me. One of them is a former co-worker from the Solicitor's Office. She left about 3 or 4 years ago. I'm trying to get help, but I can't talk because I'm so severely dehydrated. Finally, they realize what's wrong and get me some water from the Taco Bell. As I'm basically pouring water down my throat, I wake up. And I've been thirsty all morning. Wonder what kind of thirst I'm REALLY trying to quench?!

No comments:

Post a Comment