Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day One

Well, I realized that I'm apparently very behind in the world. While I still refuse to Tweet, I guess I might as well start blogging. Who knows- maybe something super exciting will happen to me soon and I will be THRILLED to share it somewhere other than FB.

To be honest, I never really thought I'd be a blogger. But I do enjoy writing. It really gets out a lot of my emotions (even if I decide not to make myself completely vulnerable here on the interweb). I also don't really mind talking about myself. So it seems like blogging is the perfect combination, huh?

I was out at a movie with some of my friends tonight. The Ugly Truth, btw. Very funny, but I wouldn't suggest seeing it with anyone you'd be embarassed to pull a Salt 'N' Pepa with. (That'd be talking about sex, for those of you who aren't up on your 90's music). Anyway, one of them commented that she had just started blogging. And she's not the only one. Two of her sister-in-laws blog. Girls I'm in Junior Leauge with blog. People I don't even know personally blog. And SO many others blog. So perhaps it was time to join the club.

The problem is, what to blog about? I'm not a celebrity. I'm not a crazy shopper. I'm not a foodie. I'm not a mom with funny kids (although my cat has some strange days). I'm just me. So I guess that's what I'll be talking about. Just me. "Not So Plain Jane" (as a college friend used to call me). Let's see if this blogging leads me to any epiphanies or if it simply just offers me an outlet during the sometimes craziness that is my life. We'll see....

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Glad you're here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jane! You will become addicted as the rest of us are...can't wait to see what you have to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging!!

    ReplyDelete